Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Don't Stress! Scrapbook!

As we've all heard before, the holidays can bring much stress to an otherwise calm life. Even if you don't celebrate Christmas, the ever-present mob at the mall and constant drone of Christmas music can put some people over the edge. So why not save your patience for the people who really deserve it (I perfer to use it on my kids) and make scrapbook layouts as presents instead?

Someone close to you just get married? How about a beautiful layout of their special day? Even one photograph scrapbooked beautifully would be a wonderful present if framed and ready to hang on the wall.

The following is the only layout I have done of my wedding... only seven years have gone by...

Shamefully I can't remember who she was, but I was watching a scrapbooking show on the DIY Network 3-4 years ago and saw this FABULOUS technique of folding the paper. I decided to add my own spin and added an eyelet to each fold and a charm in the middle of the bottom. In the end the whole layout probably cost around $10, not bad if you are trying to save money on presents!


Following are a few more layouts I have done that could be used for presents...
For the baseball fan, such as Grand-dad or Uncle Soso - show you and your team at a baseball game! We had a great time at this Yankee's game!
And even if it's not a present for someone else, don't forget to memorialize Baby's First Christmas! We had a heck of a time getting "Thing 1" to give us a smile (he was two months old) but in the end all those photos worked out great for this photo collage!
Once again I used eyelets in the corners, but I alternated between stars and red and green circles.

If you would like to be included in one of our future blog entries, please email images of your projects to kim@kaleidoscopecardsandcrafts.com. You may also post them in the gallery at our forum found at http://www.kaleidoscopecardsandcrafts.com/forum. If we use your image, we will tell the world who made the piece, link to your site if you have one, and give you a $10 credit to http://www.kaleidoscopecardsandcrafts.com. How can you beat that?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment